This blog post is part of a series covering ASP.NET 5
The following is a step-by-step guide to installing Visual Studio 2015 (currently in CTP). The process for installing has been simplified compared to the preview edition.
- Download Visual Studio 2015
- Execute the file when the download is complete. You will be prompted with the following screen capture. You can keep the default options selected and click Install.
Features not installed by default are C++ Cross Platform Mobile, Apache Cordova, and support for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 development. If you want any of these, choose the Custom option instead of Typical and select desired features.
The application will start to acquire files and perform the install.
This process may take awhile.
- When the previous step completes, you will be prompted to restart:
- After restarting your PC, the setup continues and then prompts to launch:
- Once launched, you will need to sign in with your Microsoft account:
Visual Studio 2015 CTP is now installed and ready!